Lavandin 11ml Essential Oil
Availability: In Stock
Lavandin Essential Oil
- Product of South Africa
- Non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing
Lavandin oil is extracted from the Lavandula x intermedia (also known as L. hybrida and L. hortensis), of the Lamiaceae (Labiatae) family.
Although this essential oil is sometimes confused with its cousin, lavender, it really is a wonderful oil and helps you feel more relaxed, easing sore muscles and joints, relieving muscle stiffness, clearing the lungs and sinuses from phlegm and for wound healing and dermatitis. It is really a very good oil to include in a massage blend and although not as well known and used as lavender, it is a very popular and effective ingredient for massage blends.
- Lavandin essential oil has a light floral aroma, similar to lavender oil - just sharper and it is clear in color.
- The main chemical components of lavandin oil are lavandulol, linalool, linalyl acetate, camphor, cineole, caryophyllene, camphene, dipentene, limonene, ocimene and terpinene.
.The therapeutic properties of lavandin oil are;
- analgesic cicatrisant
- nervine and vulnerary
- Burners and vaporizers
- Lavandin oil can be used in vapor therapy for coughs, colds and flu and to promote a more relaxed feeling.
- Blended oil or in the bath
- Lavandin oil can be used as a blended massage oil for muscle and joint pains and is great for relieving muscle stiffness or clearing the lungs and sinuses of phlegm.
- Cream or lotion
- When lavandin oil is used in a cream or lotion it is useful to help the skin heal wounds faster and also calms dermatitis.
Lavandin blends well with:
Although essential oils blend well with one another, Lavandin oil blends particularly well with bergamot, citronella, cinnamon, clary sage, jasmin, pine, thyme, patchouli and rosemary.