No products in the cart.
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil 10ml to 1L
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
R60.00 – R1,865.00
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
Botanical name: Boswellia Serrata
100% pure essential oil
External use only
Delivery time for in stock items is 2 – 5 workdays.
Delivery time for items on backorder is 4 – 10 workdays.
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil
Botanical name: Boswellia Serrata
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil.
A History of Frankincense
Frankincense Serrata Essential Oil derives from the gummy sap that oozes from the cut bark of a Boswellia tree. Once the sap hardens into a resin, it can be scraped off and steam-distilled into essential oil form. Since the Boswellia tree is a desert tree, it — and the Frankincense it makes — is most commonly found in areas of northeast Africa and the Arabian peninsula.
Boswellia trees begin producing resin after eight to 10 years; at that point, you can make incisions in the bark to extract the resin. There are several different species of Boswellia trees, including sacra, carterii and serrata, and each of these species produce slightly different iterations of Frankincense essential oils.
Frankincense is a precious element that many people in Middle Eastern cultures have used since ancient times. Throughout history, Frankincense, along with myrrh, was a hot trading commodity across the globe. In fact, the Frankincense trade was such an ancient economy disruptor that it brought about new “technologies,” for its time, including the use of camels as transport, advances in shipbuilding, and the formation of written language to keep a record of the lucrative trade.
Pretty cool that an oil can do all that, huh?
While people of ancient times used Frankincense for many things, such as a in perfumes, and as a postpartum recovery aid, many cultures also considered Frankincense to be an imperative part of their religious ceremonies. Many people used the oil to embalm the dead. Others, including the Greeks, Romans, Israelites, and Egyptians, also burned Frankincense as incense in their temples.
Today, Frankincense is still a precious oil, and we use it in a variety of applications, all of which we’ll get into a little later.
- Add Frankincense’s incredible aroma to any room in your house by making this DIY Essential Oil Room Spray. Start by getting an empty glass spray bottle and putting in 15 drops of Frankincense oil, 15 drops of Grapefruit oil, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir oil. Top off the rest of the bottle with water. You now have the most amazing room spray! Just spritz this spray on carpet, furniture, or in the air of any room you desire. When using this homemade spray, you will be able to bask in the rich fragrance of doTERRA Frankincense oil, and experience its relaxing and peaceful benefits.
- Razor bumps can be irritating and can turn your morning shave into a daylong frustration. Even though shaving may be essential, razor bumps are not. Provide relief to your skin with this do-it-yourself Razor Relief Skin Serum enhanced with Frankincense oil. It is one of the best oils to help skin feel and look rejuvenated. By using this serum, the chemical properties of the oil will aid in reducing appearances of skin imperfections and the serum will benefit the irritated skin by soothing the sensitive razor bumps for an all-day appearance and feel you will love.
- What better way to start your day than with the relaxing fragrance of Frankincense essential oil? Whether you are a yoga enthusiast or a morning meditator, diffusing this essential oil during these experiences will aid you in focusing your intention for the day. The fragrances of Frankincense oil will also help bring added satisfaction, peace, relaxation, and even feelings of overall wellness to your morning routine. With its strong aromatic properties, Frankincense essential oil is essential in giving a positive and focused lift to the rest of your day.
- One of Frankincense’s most powerful benefits is its ability to promote health, specifically cellular function.* Try taking this essential oil internally by adding one to two drops in a Veggie capsule. This natural supplement will help support healthy cellular function.* In fact, doTERRA has found Frankincense oil to be so beneficial in supporting cellular function that doTERRA uses it in their highest selling supplements—the doTERRA Lifelong Vitality Pack. Try this DIY supplement and experience the cellular benefits you may be in need of.*
- Are your hands experiencing dryness from the winter air? Do you want to improve the look of your scaly hands? Frankincense can help! Whenever your hands are feeling or looking unmoisturized or marred by harsh weather, add a couple drops of Frankincense oil to the moisturizer of your choice to help hydrate and rejuvenate. The scent of this essential oil combined with your moisturizer will add a warm, spicy, and clean scent to your skin. You’ll want to take this lotion with you wherever you go
- When using Frankincense essential oil to revive the look and feel of your hands, don’t forget your fingernails. Whenever traveling somewhere dry, apply this essential oil to maintain healthy looking fingernails. Simply place a drop of oil on your nail and rub it around the cuticles and edges of your fingernails. This will leave your nails looking healthy and strong even in the driest locations.
- Feeling stressed? It just so happens that Frankincense essential oil has a solution for that. Its chemical components result in an extremely powerful aroma that can help to dispel negative feelings—like stress. If you are feeling like the pressures of life are weighing down your mood, apply Frankincense to the bottom of your feet. The soothing sensation and aroma will promote feelings of relaxation and a balanced mood. Don’t let outside pressures get you down, use your essential oils to get you feeling upright and ready to take on the day ahead of you.
- There is so much fun to be had outdoors! From running around in the grass to biking a dirt path, to planting some seasonal flowers, your hands and feet are constantly active, helping you make the best out of your outdoor adventures. But at the end of the day, feet and hands can get tired from all of that activity. Treat your hands and feet with a Frankincense oil massage that will have them feeling and looking rejuvenated for another active day outside. Add a couple drops to your feet and hands and massage the oil into your skin. This massage will give you a soothing and warming effect that your hands and feet won’t want to miss out on.
- Try this amazing “Star in the East” diffuser blend and fill your home with a warm and peaceful aroma. To create this blend, add 1 drop of Frankincense oil, 1 drop of Sandalwood oil, and 2 drops of Grapefruit oil to your diffuser for the perfect diffuser blend. The “Star in the East” blend works great for encouraging relaxation and uplifting mood.
- Enjoy a facial rejuvenation day with this DIY Clay Facial Mask. With a simple combination of bentonite clay, cider vinegar, and essential oils, your face will feel nourished and fresh. Because Frankincense contains properties that help revitalize and beautify the skin, this homemade clay mask will prove ideal for facial care. For best results, apply this mask to your skin once a week and enjoy that continual fresh facial glow.
- With so many benefits and uses, Frankincense essential oil has rightfully earned its title as the “king” of all essential oils. It’s beautifying, aromatic, and health-promoting* properties are extremely powerful and can easily improve an everyday lifestyle. For anyone seeking a helpful essential oil tip, always remember, if in doubt, use Frankincense.
Conversional or Organic.
|Volumes for Essential Oils||
10 ML, 15ML, 20 ML, 30ML, 50 ML, 100 ML, 200 ML, 500 ML, 1 L